Colonel Patrick L. Pritchard is the vice wing commander of the 123rd Airlift Wing, Kentucky Air National Guard, Louisville International Airport, Louisville, Ky. He assists the commander in providing leadership to more than 1,200 Airmen organized in five groups to support both domestic operations and overseas combat missions. The wing is equipped with C-130H2 "Hercules" aircraft capable of conducting tactical airlift and combat airdrop sorties. Other key missions include a special tactics squadron comprised of combat controllers and pararescuemen; and the Air National Guard's only dedicated contingency response group.
Colonel Pritchard enlisted in 1986 where he severed as an Environmental Systems Mechanic and later cross-trained to the C-130 Crew Chief career field. Following graduation from McKendree University, Colonel Pritchard received his commission in September 1998 and was assigned to the 123rd Operational Support Flight. His other assignments include Financial Management Commander, Comptroller, Chief Intel Officer and Intel Officer. Colonel Pritchard has deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom. Prior to his current positon, Colonel Pritchard served as the commander of 123rd Mission Support Group.
1996 Bachelor of Arts Degree, Marketing, McKendree University, Lebanon, Ill.
2000 Intelligence Officer Course, 17th Training Group, Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas
2005 Financial Management Officer Course, 81st Training Group, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss.
2006 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2008 Financial Management Staff Officer Course, 81st Training Group, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss.
2010 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence.
2013 Master of Arts Degree, Finance, AMU, Charles Town, W.Va.
2015 Air War College, by correspondence
- September 1998 – October 1999, Intel Analyst, 123rd Operations Support Flight, Kentucky Air National Guard, Louisville, Ky.
- November 1999 – July 2000, Student, 17th Training Group, Goodfellow Air Force Base, San Angelo, Texas
- August 2000 – April 2003, Intel Officer, 123rd Operations Support Flight, Kentucky Air National Guard, Louisville, Ky.
- April 2003 – October 2003, Intel Officer, 38th Provisional Air Wing, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
- November 2003 – July 2004, Intel Officer, 123rd Operations Support Flight, Kentucky Air National Guard, Louisville, Ky.
- August 2004 – December 2008, Comptroller, 123rd Airlift Wing, Kentucky Air National Guard, Louisville, Ky.
- January 2009 – July 2009, Commander, 48th Comptroller Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, England
- Aug 2009 – July 2014, Financial Management Commander, 123rd Comptroller Flight, Kentucky Air National Guard, Louisville, Ky.
- August 2014 – December 2016, Deputy Commander, 123rd Mission Support, Kentucky Air National Guard, Louisville, Ky.
- January 2017 – Present, Commander, 123rd Mission Support Group, Kentucky Air National Guard, Louisville, Ky.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with seven oak leaf clusters
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with gold star
Kosovo Campaign Medal with gold star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant September 24, 1998
First Lieutenant November 30, 1998
Captain December 1, 2000
Major December 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel December 5, 2010
Colonel May 25, 2017
(Current as of January 2019)